How Can I Change My Username On Facebook 2019

Many individuals produced a Facebook account concerning a decade ago when it erupted onto the social media sites scene.

For me, that was my fresher year of high school. Against my parents' dreams, I had gotten on Myspace for regarding a year or two (Mom and Dad if you read this-- sorry). When Facebook started testing Myspace as the social media sites network to be on, I really did not intend to miss out on the action.

So I quickly produced an account while my parents were asleep one evening.

As you can visualize, freshman-year Holly was not my finest self. Premature, unconfident, and also a little unusual, I produced a username that was terrific for me at the time. Not so excellent currently as a young expert.

If you're like me and also created a Facebook at a fairly young age, you're most likely in the same boat. Never ever fear, your Facebook username can be transformed.

How Can I Change My Username On Facebook



The thing is, your username doesn't appear huge on your profile or anything. Thankfully. Yet it does look like part of your Facebook page URL. That by itself makes it worthwhile to alter to something better.

Luckily, it's fairly easy! Comply with along and also I'll show you exactly how.

Step 1: Log in to Facebook.

Visit to your Facebook account. This is the email that you utilized to create your account as well as your Facebook password. If you additionally produced your Facebook web page a decade back, you might utilize a now-defunct e-mail to check in. I recognize I do. There's a simple way to upgrade that while changing your LINK, which I'll enter later.

Action 2: Browse to Settings.

When you effectively visit, you'll find yourself on your newsfeed. Photos of your pals' involvements and infants and intoxicated nights out will certainly populate your screen. Maybe you'll also identify some new Facebook 3D photos.

Look to the top of the page where the blue banner is. To the very right, you'll see a tiny arrow pointing down. Click on that to open up the drop-down menu. From there, click on Settings, which is second from all-time low.

Change Facebook Username


Action 3: Edit Facebook username.

On the General Account Setups web page that you're currently on, check out the 2nd alternative from the top. It's your username! Click the pencil icon to the right of it to change your username and also LINK.

Since there are 2.23 billion month-to-month energetic Facebook users available, it could be tough ahead up with a distinct username. Facebook will let you recognize if the username is available or not when you kind it in.

Change Facebook Username



Once you locate an available username, click Save.

Currently you have a new Facebook username and also Facebook LINK!

Note: As I discussed above, if you are utilizing an outdated email, this is additionally the location you can transform that! Directly listed below username is an area called Get in touch with, where you can upgrade your e-mail address to whatever you currently make use of.

Step 4: Examine Facebook LINK.

To check that your adjustments have actually saved, browse to your Facebook account. You can do this by clicking your name located in the top right edge.

Once on your account, take a look at the LINK. It ought to be your new one!

Appreciate your brand-new Facebook username.

Currently you no longer have to live under whatever tag your high-school-self produced. Your username and URL show you as the person you are now!