How I Change My Facebook Username 2019

Lots of people created a Facebook account concerning a decade ago when it appeared onto the social media sites scene.

For me, that was my freshman year of secondary school. Against my moms and dads' dreams, I had actually been on Myspace for regarding a year approximately (Mom and Dad if you're reading this-- sorry). When Facebook started challenging Myspace as the social media network to be on, I didn't intend to lose out on the activity.

So I promptly created an account while my parents were asleep one evening.

As you can envision, freshman-year Holly was not my finest self. Immature, unconfident, and a little unusual, I produced a username that was great for me at the time. Not so great currently as a young expert.

If you resemble me and created a Facebook at a relatively young age, you're most likely in the exact same boat. Never be afraid, your Facebook username can be changed.

How I Change My Facebook Username



The thing is, your username doesn't turn up big on your account or anything. Thankfully. However it does appear as part of your Facebook web page LINK. That by itself makes it beneficial to change to something better suited.

Fortunately, it's fairly basic! Adhere to along and also I'll show you exactly how.

Step 1: Visit to Facebook.

Log in to your Facebook account. This is the email that you made use of to create your account as well as your Facebook password. If you also developed your Facebook web page a years earlier, you may make use of a now-defunct e-mail to sign in. I recognize I do. There's a simple means to update that while altering your URL, which I'll enter later on.

Step 2: Browse to Settings.

When you successfully visit, you'll find yourself on your newsfeed. Images of your good friends' interactions and babies as well as inebriated nights out will populate your screen. Maybe you'll even spot some new Facebook 3D images.

Want to the top of the web page where heaven banner is. To the extremely right, you'll see a small arrow pointing down. Click on that to open the drop-down menu. From there, click on Settings, which is second from all-time low.

Change Facebook Username


Action 3: Edit Facebook username.

On the General Account Setups web page that you're now on, consider the second alternative from the top. It's your username! Click the pencil icon to the right of it to alter your username and also LINK.

Since there are 2.23 billion monthly active Facebook users around, it may be hard to come up with a distinct username. Facebook will let you know if the username is readily available or otherwise when you kind it in.

Change Facebook Username



As soon as you find a readily available username, click Save.

Now you have a new Facebook username and Facebook URL!

Keep in mind: As I discussed above, if you are making use of an out-of-date email, this is additionally the place you can alter that! Directly listed below username is an area called Call, where you can update your e-mail address to whatever you currently use.

Step 4: Inspect Facebook LINK.

To inspect that your changes have conserved, navigate to your Facebook profile. You can do this by clicking your name located in the top right edge.

When on your account, check out the LINK. It needs to be your brand-new one!

Enjoy your brand-new Facebook username.

Now you no more have to live under whatever label your high-school-self created. Your username and URL mirror you as the person you are currently!